Thursday, September 13, 2007

Let's just give photos a try, shall we?

Number One complaint about our blog? No pictures. We do have a camera but there are issues for the moment. That said, the text only version is so 1995 so here are some pictures of Australian animals to tide everyone over. All pictures (c) our friend Lucy and her mum.

1. Denny the Wombat. They had a pet wombat for a year or so. He apparently wandered into their farm one day so they kept and fed him for a while. Eventually he re-introduced himself to the wild.















2. Lizard (duh). This one's for Jared.















3. The Cockatoo. Or "Cockies", as they call them.

4 comments:

Karen said...

More wombat, please!

Mosassy said...

Cute wombat! At The Evergreen State College many moons ago I and my roommates had a band, doing some covers of folk songs, bluegrass, as well as some originals. We called ourselves the Wombats. Not sure why, but we thought we were good. And I'm sure we were cute then, too.

margaret said...

Hi Matt and Marlys,
What an adventure! With an Irish husband I've been keeping up with the Rugby world cup. We have DVR so if we miss any games (God Forbid)they're taped. I still don't quite get it but...I know they have a position called hooker (which cracks me up every time--while I get the roll of the eyes from the hubby.) Well, I will definitely be keeping up with your posts. Keep them coming! Love, Margaret O'Sullivan (kollar)

lisajoan said...

Having done an extensive search (not) as to the existence of beavers in Australia... and having come up blank... I think the Wombat may be an excellent substitute. It's two days from the start of camp, and I'm missing you desperately already...
Sr. Beav